- DES is a registered charity which exists to promote adventure and challenge for young people. We do NOT exist to make a profit.
- Our experienced expedition leaders are all volunteers who make their own contribution towards expedition costs.
- Expedition teams are selected at a selection weekend, so young people will be part of a unique team. No-one buys their way onto a DES expedition.
- You will be part of a challenging expedition and will be expected to take on some aspect of leadership. DES expeditions are not ‘adventure holidays’ where you are guided.
“Ensure that you stand out from the crowd” – UCAS
- The leadership experiences you gain will enhance your CV, giving you the edge over your competitors.
- We are committed to empowering young people to lead. To this end we sponsor our members through training courses leading to national qualifications.
- Expedition fees are wholly inclusive, there are no hidden extras.
- Fees pay for the selection course, training, insurance, flights, airport taxes, overland transport, accommodation, food, medical supplies, permits, guides, specialist equipment, canoes, rafts, mountain bikes (except where stated), administration and DES membership.
- Your participation will entitle you to all the benefits of membership of the Society.